Sunday, April 22, 2012


Third podcast: It was taken from Southfield Christian School, it last 2 minutes.
Speakers: Karen Bosh and her 5th Grade class.

In this video the teacher shows a new way that the 21 century teachers use to teach. She uses her iPhone to teach in class and there is an App for everything that she teaches. For example to do researches on the internet, post a picture of a science experiment, record podcast and check the location and the weather for a trip and also sent instant updates to the parents back home. It can directly published photo, video and voice on her students store class website.
I find it incredible to teach only with an iPhone. And it reminds me the topic of technology that we work on in class. Technology allows teacher nowadays to teach in new ways, and make it easier for teachers but also students.

Personally I think that it is a great idea to teach with a cell phone if it can make things easier. Because it can be helpful, it is little and you can bring it everywhere. Supposing that you have your lesson in it, it would not be necessary to take your note book everywhere you go. I have a BlackBerry and it helps me a lot. I also use it like a USB key, I usually put homework that I must give in on it and print them. It also enables me to present power point presentation.

To conclude I think that technology provides us new tools for the everyday life but also for teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment